16 Mar Complete a growth-share (BCG) matrix for an organization of your choice, along with a preparation worksheet in which you assess information for the matrix. Introducti
Posted at 15:52h in Business & Finance / Management
- Complete a growth-share (BCG) matrix for an organization of your choice, along with a preparation worksheet in which you assess information for the matrix.
A BCG matrix, also known as a growth-share matrix, identifies departments and divisions within an organization that should receive fewer resources than others. It may also identify divisions that can be divested.
Every organization needs to communicate clear objectives. Analytical tools like BCG, a Boston Consulting Group evaluation of relative market share position and industry sales growth rate, and grand strategy matrix, a four-block model that recommends strategies based on competitive position and industry market growth, can improve the quality of strategic decisions, but leaders must make these choices. Behavioral, cultural, and political aspects of the process and selection are important to manage. Boards of directors are assuming a more active role in strategy because of legal pressures.
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
- BCG Matrix Template [DOC].
- You may wish to review the suggested readings listed in the Resources as well as do your own research into completing a BCG matrix to prepare for this assessment.
Complete the following:
- Select an organization with multiple divisions or product lines to analyze. For example, Apple would likely be considered to have multiple divisions, such as those associated with iTunes, iPods, iPhones, iPads, and Mac computers.
- Assess your chosen organization's key divisions. To do this, place five column headings at the top of a worksheet. Title the columns as follows: Divisions, Revenues, Profits, Market Share Position, and Industry Growth Rate. Assess your organization's key divisions in each of these five categories. This information will help provide the foundation necessary to successfully complete a BCG matrix. Submit this worksheet as one of the deliverables for this assessment.
- Use the BCG Matrix Template [DOC] linked above to complete a BCG matrix for your chosen organization. You might find it interesting and useful to compare and discuss your results with people from the organization.
- Be sure to submit both your completed BCG matrix and your preparation worksheet for this assessment.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: If you use sources, ensure that resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Competencies Measured
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate key elements of the strategic planning process.
- Assess the key divisions of an organization.
- Develop a BCG Matrix of an organization.
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Post Assignment” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.