15 Mar What disease did you select? (Liver and pancreatic cancer 2. Find two different incidence rates for this disease. This can be either the rates of the disease in two different countries, age
Sensitivity, Specificity,?Positive Predictive Value,?&?Negative Predictive?Value
Please review this Excel spreadsheet:?Week 2 Epidemiological Examples (please see attached document)
In your post, you are to select a disease that no one else has selected. You can post early in the week to reserve your disease and then just reply to your original post when your material is done. Answer the following questions with your initial post.
1. What disease did you select? (Liver and pancreatic cancer
2. Find two different incidence rates for this disease. This can be either the rates of the disease in two different countries, age groups, ethnicities, occupation, or any other classifier that might be important to your disease. Provide the two different rates here. Cite your source.
3. Select a screening test or a confirmatory test for your disease. Report on what the sensitivity and specificity percentages are and cite your source. Also, provide the cost of the test.
4. Using the method outlined in the excel document determine the PPV and NPV of using both screening tests in the two populations you selected.
5. How much did each true positive cost?
6. Does it make sense to implement mandatory screening in either population? Why or why not?
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Post Assignment” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.